Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Grey.

The English weather is about as quick changing and temperamental as my moods. One hour it is sun shining and blue skies, the next it is pouring and there is not a patch of blue to be seen.

I've decided I should just plan on being cold for 2 years.

This morning when we were walking out of our house Livvy stopped and said "Mommy it's grey!"

The past few weeks, oh who am I kidding, the past month has been cold, wet, and awful. I keep wondering if those spring clothes under my bed are ever going to come out from hiding. Hopefully in July.

It really doesn't help to read my FB Newsfeed and here about the 80 degree weather in my hometown.

What is even more bizzare then this freezing weather is how the English don't even bat an eye! On Saturday it was cold and rainy, but my ever-so-determined husband decided we would brave the weather and see a castle.

I thought we would be one of a handful of people that would be so undeterred. Wrong-o. We parked in the over-flow parking. Mom's with their rain-covered buggy's are tropping up sidewalks mid-downpour. It's mind baffling.

Amid this puzzlement I realized that maybe this is how it always is here and life goes on.

Alright, Brits, I'll go buy myself some wellies and get used to it.

1 comment:

  1. You can break out those spring clothes when you come visit us in Italy next month! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete