Thursday, May 3, 2012

A day in my life.

6:30-7 AM Livvy crawls into my bed and announces that she "followed the bedtime rules!" (meaning she stayed in her own bed all night, usually that is not true, but I'm glad she wakes up so optimistic!)

 Sadly, I am not alone in the bed, Jude dude is coming into our bed right now. (hopefully this is change soon!) Livvy snuggles up to him and usually wakes him up while I'm trying to keep her quiet.

7:00 AM Lincoln leaves for work and kisses us all goodbye.


I try to delay getting out of bed while the kids entertain themselves....doesn't last too long because of hair pulling and grumbling tummies, but a few minutes of extra sleep are always welcomed. 


Breakfast time. Livvy's favorite cereal right now is called "Golden Nuggets" but she calls it "Golden Muggets" and Nutella on anything. Love that stinker. 

During Jude's morning nap Livvy watches a show while I shower and do chores.

Jude wakes up from his nap as happy as ever. 


We keep busy with computer games. 

Lunch.

Potty breaks. 

Books and toys.
Diaper changes. 

Then Jude naps again. and Livvy enjoys quiet time or if the sun is shining some "singing in the garden" time.


After the Jude dude wakes up we venture out of our four walls and find some happiness. 



After we get home I make dinner and Livvy watches a little show. 


While Jude practices his "cobra" yoga pose and scoots around (sometimes under the crib!)



We then we do dinner and bath. 


Lincoln comes home and reads books with Liv and practices her letters, while I put Jude to bed. 



Then Livvy reads her current favorite scripture story and says prayers then goes to sleep. 

At last the hubs and I party like rockstars and do a "Pinterest" work out followed by a little T.V. watching and talking. 

Phew. Sorry that post is insanely long and has a million pictures, making my life sound busy. The truth is though, the majority of my day is spent loving and playing with my kids alone in my house. And you know what I like it that way. Our life is little and simple, but I love it. I love so many things about being a mom and a wife. I hope someday when I have a million kids (maybe not a million, but close) I can look back on these quiet slow days and cherish them. 

3 comments:

  1. Dude, that picture of livvy standing up in the bathroom?!?! SHE LOOKS SO BIG! It makes me sad she looks so grown up and pretty. Gosh I miss tht girl. Jude is huge and cute as ever. And I laughed out loud when I read the pinterest work out. So funny. I bet Lincoln loves that.

    You're a great mom. Can't wait till you have almost a million litle rug rats running around.
    Ps: dale says hello to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post. You are doing such a great work in spending time with your kids each day. When I had Nayeli someone told me "Even if all you do on a day is sit on your couch and breastfeed, you still did something important". I loved that and will always remember it. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read other people's "Day in the Life of..." posts! Your kids are getting so big! Jude looks like such a happy little guy and Livvy is adorable! Did I tell you that Livvy has a doppelganger here in the Bay Area? Leisa's little niece (Big Josh's brother's daughter) Morgan (I know, I am totally confusing you now) is the same age as Livvy and looks EXACTLY like her. I will try to find a photo and send it to you. They are so alike it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete