Friday, September 28, 2012

Wah Wah Wah

I freaking miss America.

Do you know how I dry clothes in this country when it rains (which is almost everyday now)?


On my heated towel rack. This last week we had the stomach flu...imagine sheets and duvet covers. Be grateful for your dryers people. Be grateful.

I miss the food, oh the food. I am getting a list ready of all the things I'm going to eat when I'm home. Until I get there, please go eat an In and Out burger and fries, my mom's waffles, salt and pepper chicken at Orient Express in Danville, my mother-in-law's salsa, Zachary's Pizza,  and my mom's rolls. Thanks, that'll make me feel better knowing someone can.

There is a glimmer of hope in this world, actually. We have a few Chipotles in London!! So for my birthday I told Lincoln all I want is a big fat chicken burrito, with chips and a whole lot of guac. We're tots making a day around Chipotle. Done and done.

Ok, wow I just spent a whole lot of time talking about food. Sorry, England drives me a little crazy with their cornish pasties (meat pies), roasted chicken flavor crisps (chips), and American products that are just slightly different enough to make you crazy.

I have approximately 3 more months until we land in blessed Arizona, where I can't wait to meet my new nephew, squeeze my SILs, and bask in the glorious weather. Oh yeah, and eat lots and lots of glorious, greasy American food.




2 comments:

  1. I'd miss it too!! How long will you be back for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand. I love having a dryer again and I don't have to use every radiator in the house to dry my clothes. I thought the hardest part of the food was trying to figure out what food would taste like before I bought it, and then having it be completely different. The best part about being back is that there is an import store so I can get my favorite Britishisms while enjoying American life. Wish I could come visit you!

    ReplyDelete