Saturday, October 13, 2012

My cup of joe

The other day I was driving in my car and heard Frank Turner's song If I Ever Stray. I'd never heard of him or the song before, but I loved it. Maybe because I'm in England it's from an English artist, but I think even more so I loved the lyrics and the way it made me remember how music literally rocks.

I do have iTunes, but only for Livvy's kids music, and I might be the last person in the world to not own any form of an iPod. But I love music. I loved going to concerts in college, I loved discovering new artists and songs in high school, and music was always on in my room and car.

The funny thing is now the only "me" music in my life is what I play on my phone while I unload the dishwasher in the morning.

And you know what I love it. It makes me not feel so overwhelmed by house chores and the whiney (but mostly sweet) babies. It makes me think about things bigger than what is for dinner and how to get the stinkin' laundry dry.

Sometimes it's Les Miserables, sometimes it's Some Nights by Fun, and heck sometimes its One Direction. Whatever it is though it makes me happy. It's something that is for me, that makes me feel and think and love to be able to dance around in the kitchen and put those cups in the cupboard and face another day of trying to be a better mom to my kids.



1 comment:

  1. That's a good jam. I'm a fan. Sometimes that's all you need- some good music to keep you going through the day.

    ReplyDelete