Friday, March 16, 2012

Hogwash.

This week I killed 5 bumble bees and one wasp inside my house.

They weren't the California kind of bees. They were GIANT. Big. Black. Furry. 

One day it was beautiful (SUNNY!) and Livvy was running around in the garden. I left her windows open to let some fresh air in the house and to allow me to hear the little miss yelling "Mom are you there?!?!" 

Mistake number 1. 

They don't have screens here in golly ol' England. So even though I only let the windows stay opened for about an hour we welcomed some buzzing friends into the house. 

The scary thing is that we didn't find and kill these friends until the next day and then more the day after that. 

I was laying in bed with Jude snuggled on one side and Livvy crawling under the covers on the other side of me when Lincoln yelled "Vindie come here!" 

...I slowly made my way out of bed and heard his story of hearing a buzzing sound and then ripping off his work jacket to find a bumble bee making camp. 

Big whoop I thought. Glad it wasn't me! 

Mistake number 2. 

Thinking that was the only encounter with a bee. After Lincoln had left for work I walked into our living room to find not one, but two big bees crawling across the carpet and in the curtains. 

Never fear, I manned up and killed both of those tyrants. And continued to kill more the next day. 

Can I please stop having to deal with bugs? I really don't feel the need to get over my fear of them. 

...

This American is glad that the US decided screens were a good idea. 

3 comments:

  1. Ok, those kinds of bumblebees scare the crap out of me. I would DIE if there were any in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I hate bugs, I get so creeped out reading your post about the spiders and now the bees! But the good thing is, I don't think those big bumble bees have stingers! (but I would double check that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're supposed to trap them in a paper cup, then take them outside and gently release them. Yeah, right. Every time I see creepy crawlies I smack them with a big old shoe instead!!

    ReplyDelete