Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love week.


 I love Valentine's Day. Livvy and I made Valentines for Lincoln and then Lincoln wrote us some in return. Complete with cut out hearts. 


I love having kids running around my house again. We had 7 kids (and 7 half-eaten sandwiches) at a playdate with our new friends. Livvy is the most outgoing person. She plays with all the kids and then if any mom has an open lap she plops down for a snuggle. 


I love the view from my front door. Our front garden is enclosed by an ancient moss-covered gate engulfed in bushes and Livvy can play in the mud and find leaves and sticks to her hearts content. 


But most of all, I love my new nephew Raylan Richard.


 For weeks I'd been trying to get my home Internet up and running in hopes that I could see my new nephew when he was born. I was convinced after MANY phone calls with no results that it was hopeless and I wouldn't be able to see my sweet nephews face. But 5 hours before Raylan was born my Internet miraculously turned on. And a few hours after his birth, there he was on my computer screen. 


And even though I was in a different country, I felt the quiet, sacredness of a new sweet baby in our family. While I am so sad that I couldn't be there to hold him, I am so glad that I was able to see his tiny face and talk to his beaming father the day he joined our family.

...

This aunt is glad that I have a new sweet nephew to love. 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes for delightful reading. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! That last picture is fantastic with your face in it!

    ReplyDelete