Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Life Lately

Life lately has been pretty relaxed. School, colds, rain, leaves, and prepping for our Christmas trip. 



Oh yeah, and we're having a baby in May. Which seems like old news, but I haven't really talked about the impending baby much. Livvy is very excited and just yesterday I told her we were going to the doctor (midwife) for the baby and she asked "Oh, is the doctor going to get the baby out?" She can't wait to meet her baby sister (yes, she is absolutely set on having a sister and if I tell her "or baby brother" she says "oh, two babies!?!? A baby sister and a baby brother!", sweet girl!)


Jude is in for a rude awakening. That baby (yes, he is still very much a baby) loves to snuggle and is so clingy! He freaks out whenever I have another kid on my lap...luckily we still have 5 more months to work on that. 


Jude (at 15 months!) is starting to walk more and more and the past two days I've been working in the kitchen and he has come walking in all by himself! Big deal for a kid that has been so terrified to let go of my hand and walk by himself! He is a sweet boy and is learning so much right now. He understands more than he can speak, but he is trying to talk all the time. 


Livvy has been home from school, because of a cold and I have loved soaking her in during Jude's naps. She loves to cook/bake with me and very dutifully stirs, grates and pours whatever I need. She has such a sweet little spirit and is always helping me with Jude. They have become the very best of friends and I have loved watching them find ways to make each other laugh and play.

We find out if we're having a boy or a girl on December 10th and the more I think about it, the more I know I will be SO happy either way. Whether I get another spirited girl like Livvy or a mild, cuddly boy like Jude, I will be so blessed to have another baby to love.

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO! So wish I could see you all in person! But thanks for the updates! :)

    ReplyDelete