Saturday, November 10, 2012

The blog that feeds my family

For the past few years I have been so happy to use one blog for the majority of my dinner ideas. This week I made a recipe of hers for 3 of the 5 week night meals.

Mel's Kitchen Cafe

I love her recipes because
1. they are yummy
2. most of them are quick and I can do them with two little ones circles around my legs
3. my kids like most of the recipes
4. the food is seriously yummy

So I've compiled a list of all the recipes that have tried of hers. Some I rotate in my weekly menu plans, and some I've only made a few times, but all  of them are good. So if you are stumped for dinner go to her recipe index and try out a few!

MY ULTIMATE FAVORITES
-Creamy White Chili - I make this a lot and serve it with tortilla chips, super good

-Sweet and Sour Chicken - I think this is one of her most popular recipes, it was easy to throw together and the kids loved it.

-Sticky Coconut Chicken - I bake this in my oven and serve it with coconut rice

-Orange Cashew Rice with Tilapia - love this rice that is packed with flavor and texture

-Skillet Creamy Macaroni and Cheese - Jude ate three/four bowls of this, loved how creamy it came out with no weird textures

-Broccoli beef - as a Chinese food lover I can tell you this is better than take out. Really good and easy.

-Honey lime chicken enchiladas - if you ever need to feed a crowd this is a winner!

-Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce - sounds funky, but it's super good, a little bit spicy so not the best for the kids

-Chopped Cobb Salad with Blue Cheese - such a good summer salad

BAKING GOODIES
Lion House Dinner Rolls
Divine Breadsticks
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie
Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Glazed Poppy Seed Bread

RECIPES I NEED TO MAKE AGAIN
The Best Ground Beef Tacos
Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pinapple and Red Onion
Chicken with Mushrooms and Zucchini
Creamy Swiss Cheese Chicken Bake
Hawaiian Haystacks- Chicken Sauce Reinvented
Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Penne with Roasted Asparagus and Balsamic Butter
Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Pasta Chicken Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and Bacon
Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps
Shredded Chicken Pitas with Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut Butter Crunch Snack Balls

....

This week I tried two new recipes from her site and was blown away both times. Kids loved 'em, hubby loved 'em and I could make them up without Lincoln being home to help with the kids. Dinner time is crazy time for my kids, so having quick recipes that come together pretty fast is super important. 

If you're in a dinner stump try her blog out! It's been a no fail source for me. 

5 comments:

  1. Try her balsalmic glazed pork loin. We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! Will definitely try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that all sounds delish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use her blog ALL.THE.TIME!! We love the honey lime enchiladas and the sweet and sour chicken too! Her blog is seriously the first one I check every day! Ditto the balsamic glazed pork loin! It is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use her blog too. One of the best out there for busy moms. She would know, too, because doesn't she have five boys? Craziness! I'm glad to have your recommendations because I haven't tried some of these!

    ReplyDelete