Monday, October 29, 2012

Life with the four of us

I like to write about my life at home with the kids periodically. I think someday I'll look back and think wow that was so easy. Or wow, I'm glad that phase is over. Or please teenagers stop sassing me and be sweet babies again!

We've had quite the sick October, which presented a new challenge for me as a momma. The stomach flu is a beast that I had avoided until a few weeks ago. The kids are over it, thankfully, and we survived and now I know that I can deal with some pretty gross stuff, because I am their momma.

On to the cute stuff though.

Jude Dude: 14 months old of cuddly goodness





This little boy is such a sweet heart. He's always so cuddly and loves to have someone's lap to scoot over to.  He can walk across the room, but is still not confident enough to walk completely on his own.


This boy LOVES his dad. Every night when we here Lincoln knock on the door, he starts screaming "DA! DA!" and scooting as fast as his little bum will take him over to the door. As soon as Lincoln comes in he holds his arms up for him and once he's being held starts yelling "BALL! BALL!" because he wants Lincoln to go play ball with him. Seriously it is the cutest thing in the world.



Livvy Alice: almost 3 1/2 years old of sisterly love

Livvy LOVES school. She didn't for a few weeks and it was really hard for me to leave her so upset. Thankfully though, she has made a friend, "Ronnie" and they play house together. She is the mommy and he is the daddy and he brings her a baby...or so she says. Her teachers tell me they are inseparable and they follow each other around just gabbing away. I am so glad that she is happy and now she only cries when I come to take her home.

She is constantly making me laugh...here are a few things she has said lately.



 (While helping me shred a whole chicken)
"Mommy did this chicken die so we could eat him?"
"Yes."
 "That's so nice! He will live again, huh mommy?"

After taking a big drink of water "Gorgeous!"

"Livvy who did you play with at school?"
"Batman."
"Oh the toy batman?"
"No, this boy that looked like batman."



These two kids have become such good buddies. Livvy is always making Jude crack up and they love tackling each other.


Two little kids keeps me busy and sometimes I feel like all I do is fulfill their every need, but I have so many moments like the one I caught above, that makes me so grateful I have their little needs to fill everyday.

1 comment:

  1. How adorable about Jude scooting like crazy for his daddy and Livy's friend who brings her the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete