Friday, January 20, 2012

My favourite day in London

The kids were well slept, the groceries were bought and we set off to see the Westminster evensong service.


We got off at Greenpark and walked through the beautiful park and chased birds to stay warm.


We passed by Buckingham Palace and then booked it to Westminster Abbey. 

Westminster Abbey (and most churches) hold services that you can attend for free. As we walked into the evensong we were greeted by the most beautiful all male choir singing Latin hymns. The sight and the sounds of this sacred place were amazing.

I had a moment. A I-can't-believe-I'm-here moment. Regardless of the stress we've had over the past few weeks and the inevitable stress over the next month, we get to live here and experience England for the next two years. And I think in the end it will be worth it for days like these. 

...

This music-lover is glad she got to hear the angelic sound of the Westminster Abbey choir. 

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you. I hope you have many more of these great moments while there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first picture of Livvy. She is so precious! I'm glad you are enjoying wonderful London!

    ReplyDelete