Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hard.

Life is a little tough for me right now. I hate being a downer, but right now I want to rewind and go back to California and stay there.

I want to have a car again.
I want to have my kids on a normal schedule again.
I want to not be living out of suit cases.
I want to have my family around to love my kids when I don't have anymore patience.
I want to be able to call my bffs and rant about 2.5 year old tantrums.
I want to be able to go to a grocery store and recognize the brands.
I want people to stop looking at me funny when I talk.
I want to have our belongings here and not in the middle of the ocean on a boat.
I want to not worry about buying a car.
I want to not worry about money.
I want Jude to stop screaming and start sleeping.
I want to take Livvy to see her friends that she asks for everyday.
I want to wake up and look forward to something more than walking to the grocery store.

Ok. Pity party done. I'll get over it. I know this is probably the hardest time,and I'm sure it'll get easier once we're settled in. I just wish that was now.

...

This homesickie is glad that I have Skype to talk to my family and friends. 

4 comments:

  1. Ok I almost cried a little when I read this. I feel so bad for this part of your homesickness. It may get worse before it gets better. But I promise that it WILL get better! You'll find amazing friends over there that you can rant to and then they will talk back to you in an ENGLISH accent. Can't get better than that :). Keep your head up, things will get better.
    Love ya!

    Ps: pity parties are ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Vindie. I can't imagine how hard that would be, *especially* with two little ones. I will say a prayer for you and your fam tonight.((Big Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vindie! I can somewhat relate to you...only in the way where your husband is gone a lot, not having a car, and running out of patience with two little ones and not having anyone around to love them! I bet this is so hard for you but what a neat experience! I love that you have a blog about it because we want to do a rotation over there someday too! I am sure things will get better! Keep your head up and thanks for keeping us updated through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is so hard. I had a really hard time when we moved to NY. And all I can say is that it will get better with time. Maybe more time than you want it to take.

    ReplyDelete