Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Best. Night. Ever.

Before I agreed to move to this country, Lincoln had to agree to take me to see Les Miserables in London. 


So as an early "we've been married 5 years" present he bought us (great) tickets for the show! 



Thanks to one of our guests (Uncle Jesse!) we had a babysitter and I enjoyed one of the best nights of my life. Seriously.  


The show was at the Queen's Theatre. I grew up with a love for Les Miz
(and all theater). My mom always played the music and even read parts of the book aloud to us. I saw the show when I was 12 or 13 in S.F. with my family and I have been wanting to see it again ever since. 


It was so special to go to the show with Lincoln this time who had never seen it before. As soon as Jean Valjean came out I was crying and pretty much for the entire 3 hours I couldn't stop smiling through tears! The story, music, and acting is so moving. After the show we found out it was this cast's second night performing. Each character performed with so much passion and such amazing talent we were astounded. 

I will forever be grateful to Jesse for watching the kiddies (and cleaning the kitchen!) and for Lincoln who gave me the best night in England, hands down. Love you sweets! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds amazing! I am so jealous! How fun for you guys. Also, it's so crazy you've been married 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous. So, so jealous. I wish joe liked musicals, at least a little bit. Les mis is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete