Friday, July 6, 2012

6 months in.

We've officially lived in England for a little over 6 months. I can't believe we're 1/4 of the way into this thing.

In some ways I feel like we just moved here in other ways I feel like we've been here forever.

Looking back at our first impressions and the craziness of moving to Tunbridge Wells I am amazed we survived. It was definitely a bleak and stressful beginning.

Then I think about all of the little miracles that sprinkled the gloomy months and I am so grateful.

In 6 months, we've been to Scotland, Wales, Northern England, and Italy. In 6 months my little baby has started inching towards toddlerhood and Livvy has become even more grown up then I ever imagined.



In 6 months Lincoln and I have dealt with more than we ever thought we could. I never knew I could love him as much as I do today. His patience, kindness and friendship has become more important to me than ever before.

I've realized that while I still ache for my family and friends, my home will forever be where my gummy-smiling baby boy and sweet girl are playing. And that little home and little family can be happy even in a new country with many new challenges and new adventures.


\

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 6-month milestone, Vindie! You kiddos are adorable, and I'm glad you're feeling more settled. I can't imagine how stressful it has been! Here's to a smooth middle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures just melt my heart. So adorable. They are going to be best friends for sure. I'm jealous of all of your adventures! Here's to many more to make the adventure more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete